Rite Aid Plunges After Deutsche Bank Downgrade
By Sam Boughedda
Investing.com -- Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE: RAD ) stock is trading 26% lower Thursday after Deutsche Bank analyst George Hill downgraded the stock to Sell from Hold, slashing its price target to $1 from $16.
The downgrade comes ahead of the company's fourth-quarter results, which are due April 14.
The analyst said Covid has "hastened the decline" of the company's retail pharmacy segment, and he sees a potentially "dramatic negative inflection point" for the stock.
Hill added that the company's preliminary fiscal 2023 outlook "seems to be unattainable."
The key focus for investors will be Rite Aid's guidance for 2023, with the company previously stating it could generate over $430 million in EBITDA.
However, he states that if the number comes in "below $400mm, the equity arguably has no value as the company is not in a position to generate real returns to shareholders."
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or