By Laura Sánchez
Investing.com - Investors are once again keeping a close eye on the tension between Russia and Ukraine and how it is affecting the price of commodities such as oil and gas.
Australia maintains its interest rates.
Corporate earnings season continues.
Cryptocurrencies rise this morning.
These are the five factors that investors should take into account when making their decisions today:
1. Oil and gas volatile due to Russia-Ukraine tensions
Oil and gas prices once again have a volatile week due to the increased tension between Russia and Ukraine.
Brent is again close to 90 dollars, which it surpassed last Friday.
2. Australia holds interest rates; corporate earnings
Early this morning we heard the Reserve Bank of Australia's interest rate decision . The agency has decided to leave rates unchanged at 0.10% as expected by the consensus.
For the time being, Australia has not joined the hawkish tone initiated by the Fed and which the Bank of England (BoE) is expected to follow at its meeting on Thursday.
On the other hand, the corporate earnings season continues. Today, Alphabet (NASDAQ: GOOGL ), Exxon Mobil (NYSE: XOM ), PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL ) and AMD (NASDAQ: AMD ), among others, report their results.
3. Crypto bounces back
The cryptocurrency sector is once again facing another volatile week, marked by investors' doubts about the hawkish tone of the US Federal Reserve (Fed). This morning, it is time for rallies. Bitcoin is trading at 38,000 and Ethereum at 2,700.
4. Asia and the American stock market
5. Macroeconomic data
South African markets closed in the green yesterday, boosted by widespread gains in mining stocks.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.