MultiChoice (JO: MCGJ ) Kenya, the home of great pay-TV entertainment in Kenya, has launched and premiered the highly anticipated Shaka iLembe, a groundbreaking cinematic masterpiece that will take audiences on an exhilarating journey into the heart of South African history, courage, and legacy. Produced by Bomb Productions and funded by MultiChoice, Shaka iLembe is set to captivate global audiences and celebrate the rich cultural heritage of the Zulu Kingdom.
The epic series took 6 years of research to compile and boasts talents like Nomzamo Mbatha and Lemogang Tsipa. The story, which was filmed in 4K with state-of-the-art visual effects, ensures the best screen treatment. It is a great African epic that tells the story of kings, queens, prophets, and warriors. The series also delves into themes like love, romance, conflict, betrayal and sacrifice.
Comissioner, Amb. MJ Mahlangu, expressed the need to tell more African stories, saying, “I believe that this is a direction that we need to take for all of Africa. We need now more than ever to tell our stories and enrich the lives of our people through the delivery of creative, exciting, compelling, and well-delivered productions that leave no stone unturned and maintain the fiber of our people, culture, value systems, and norms.” He further went on to applaud the imaginative team of filmmakers who sought to honor the essence of African history.
The Managing Director of MultiChoice Kenya also shared his remarks on the production, stating, “This production tells a raw and authentic African narrative, with a rather relatable historical storyline of occurrences in the chiefdoms and kingdoms across the Zulu kingdom. It is a story that reminds us of the great Maasai moran/warrior Senteu, born in the mid-1800s, who was remembered as a fearless leader of the Loita clan.” He further added, “The connections between our historical stories, be they from South Africa, Angola, or Kenya, remain united through our common lineage and strong narratives across Africa.”
The 12-part series follows the origin story of the legendary African monarch and military strategist, King Shaka Zulu. While the series is an entertainment title and a fictional interpretation of historical events, producers of Bomb Productions have taken care to ensure that Nguni culture is authentically portrayed and respected. The series, which was officially launched on Maisha Magic Plus on Sunday, June 18, is now available on DStv Premium, DStv Compact Plus, DStv Compact, and GOtv Supa. New episodes will be screened weekly on Sundays at 10:00 pm.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.