(Bloomberg) -- China Evergrande Group announced its shares will be suspended from trading on the Hong Kong stock exchange on Monday without giving a reason.
Cifi Holdings, a Chinese property developer, offered to buy its outstanding 5.5% bond due in 2022 at $1,000.5 for each $1,000 in principal amount plus accrued and unpaid interest.
- Evergrande Suspends Trading in Hong Kong
- China Developers’ 2022 Home-Sales Recovery Could Be Challenging
- Developer Cifi Offers to Purchase Outstanding 5.5% 2022 Bond
Evergrande Suspends Trading in Hong Kong (8:58 a.m. HK)
The company gave no reason for the trading suspension.
China Evergrande on Friday dialed back payment plans on billions of dollars of overdue wealth management products as its liquidity crisis showed little sign of easing.
Developer Cifi Offers to Purchase Outstanding 5.5% 2022 Bond (7:52 a.m. HK)
Cifi Holdings offered to buy the outstanding notes at $1,000.5 for each $1,000 in principal amount plus accrued and unpaid interest, it said in a statement to the Hong Kong stock exchange.
The Chinese developer will determine the aggregate principal amount of notes that it will accept for purchase. The offer to buy the $505.1 million of notes that remain outstanding will expire at 4pm London time on Jan. 7.
©2022 Bloomberg L.P.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.