Pick n Pay asap! is on track to refunding its customers for 19 days’ worth of groceries as the Proteas entered the semi-finals, having beaten Afghanistan last Friday.
“This has unlocked a 1 in 4 chance for every qualifying asap! customers to recoup their grocery expenses,” says Vincent Viviers, Retail Executive: Omnichannel at Pick n Pay.
The retailer has strategically backed the Proteas to win as it aims to deliver South Africa’s most extensive free grocery giveaway. All qualifying Pick n Pay asap! orders will be refunded if South Africa emerges victorious in the Cricket World Cup.
This is elevating the stakes for sports enthusiasts and encouraging more to rally behind the national cricket team during the final week of the tournament.
“We have also seen more customers placing orders and our basket size growing as customers look to get more orders refunded when the Proteas win,” says Viviers. Pick n Pay’s on-demand business continues to grow triple digits, accelerating since it relaunched its fresh new asap! app, which includes free unlimited delivery with a promo code (Freshapp).
Customers must spend over R500 between 30 October and noon on 17 November 2023 and have linked their Smart Shopper card to qualify. They then need to activate their order via Pick n Pay asap! WhatsApp channel (+27 87 240 6193).
“Thousands have already activated their refund guarantee, totalling millions in refunded baskets. We are urging all qualifying customers to activate their refund guarantee on WhatsApp. We want to reward every customer and give them even more reason to celebrate when the Proteas win.”
“Backing the Proteas isn’t just about national pride for Pick n Pay; a win puts money back into our customers’ pockets, turning cricket excitement into tangible savings for South African households,” adds Viviers.
There’s no limit to the number of orders or their value that customers can claim, and all orders will be refunded in cash.
Viviers says the refund timing is impeccable, just ahead of Black Friday. Pick n Pay will launch Early Black Friday deals this Thursday, which will also be available on-demand. “Customers have a day and a half to shop these and get these refunded too. This could mean part of their Black Friday shopping this year is on Pick n Pay.
“Our refunded orders will also put more money in our customers’ pockets to spend on incredible deals over Black Friday weekend, giving them more savings for the festive season or the upcoming year.”
South Africa clinched their semi-final spot against Australia this Thursday after an impressive six wins in eight matches.
Be in the running: how to qualify for the Pick n Pay asap! Cricket World Cup Refund Guarantee:
1. Spend R500 or more on Pick n Pay asap! between the 30 October and midday on 17 November 2023.
2. Link your Smart Shopper card in the Pick n Pay asap! app on checkout.
3. Customers will receive a unique code for each qualifying order via email within 48 hours of placing their order.
4. Activate the unique code for each qualifying order on the Pick n Pay asap! WhatsApp line (+27 87 240 6193) before 10h00 on 19 November 2023.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.