The Shoprite Group (JO: SHPJ ) now helps its suppliers with access to funding at the most affordable rates with the launch of a new supply chain finance product.
The CredX finance product, which is often cheaper than bank financing, is available to all of the Group’s suppliers and is expected to assist especially SMMEs, for whom cash flow constraints and access to affordable funding are significant business growth obstacles in South Africa.
The benefits include:
- An affordable financing product from a trusted business with an all-inclusive interest rate and no additional fees;
- 100% of invoice value available for financing;
- No further on-boarding requirements as the Group has already vetted its suppliers;
- Approval and payment of financing within 24 – 48 hours.
“There is a definite need in the market, especially amongst small- and medium-sized suppliers who struggle to access finance through traditional routes,” says Jean Olivier, General Manager: Financial Services.
“While there are alternative supplier finance products available, we can provide a better service due to the Shoprite Group’s extensive ecosystem, and we expect this initiative to build even stronger supplier relationships.”
The Group is launching CredX in partnership with UK-based Demica, a global market leader in supply chain financing solutions.
This is one of several initiatives by the Group aimed at supporting small suppliers, and follows the recent launch of Shoprite Next Capital, a business division dedicated to capacitate and grow commercially-viable SMME’s to further the retailer’s continued efforts to give small suppliers access to market.
For more information about CredX, visit www.credx.co.za.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.