President Cyril Ramaphosa says just over four million people have received at least one vaccine dose.
Ramaphosa has encouraged all South Africans eligible to register to do so and get vaccinated as soon as possible.
He says government is working tirelessly to bring more vaccines.
“Our national vaccination program is expanding at a reasonably rapid pace. To date over four million people have received a vaccine dose,” the president said.
He said vaccination has more than doubled in the last month.
“Government and the private sector are working together to build additional vaccination capacity to vaccinate more people.”
The post South Africans Urged To Get Vaccinated appeared first on iAfrica.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.