South Africa's Tiger Brands sees a 20% recovery in six-month profit
JOHANNESBURG, Feb 17 (Reuters) - South Africa's biggest food producer Tiger Brands TBSJ.J said on Wednesday it expected headline earnings from continuing operations in the six months to March 31 to rise as much as 20%, a bounce back after a decline reported in its full-year results.
The owner of popular brands Jungle Oats and Tastic rice said headline earnings per share (HEPS), the main profit measure in South Africa, is expected to be between 10% and 20% higher in the period, the firm's first half, compared with 611 cents reported in the same period last year.
Including its now sold value-added meat products business, HEPS is seen rising as much as 45%.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or