Standard Bank (JO: SBKJ ), a financial institution in South Africa, has entered into a strategic collaboration with HUAWEI Mobile Services (HMS) to provide cutting-edge digital banking solutions to its clients in South Africa.
Belinda Rathogwa, Executive Head: Digital and eCommerce for Personal and Private Banking at Standard Bank South Africa says, “Our collaboration introduces the convenience of mobile banking, enabling users to access the Standard Bank banking app on their devices and enjoy services such as checking their credit score, opening a savings account, and purchasing airtime, data, or electricity through the banking app”.
Over the past three years, the two entities have worked closely to integrate HMS capabilities, ensuring the compatibility of the Standard Bank banking app with Huawei’s ecosystem. In this collaboration, safety detection authenticates app users, while a universal app downloads campaign expands digital banking to 300,000+ Huawei users.
Huawei aims to build a robust app ecosystem to provide its users with a rich and diverse range of apps. Its collaborations with organizations like Standard Bank are vital to expanding the app offerings on AppGallery and enhancing the overall user experience.
HMS partners are provided with resources, tools, technical support, and incentives to support businesses in building and optimizing their apps for HUAWEI devices.
“At Standard Bank, we recognize that technology is critical in driving Africa’s growth and development. With many of our clients accessing the Standard Bank banking app through Huawei devices, we identified the importance of partnering with Huawei to provide clients with digital banking solutions for their needs. We take great pride in our partnership with Huawei South Africa and see it as an opportunity to foster growth and development in Africa,” concludes Rathogwa.
This collaboration expands bank reach, connecting esteemed institutions with a broader audience of Huawei users. They also showcase shared commitment & innovation by redefining digital banking, providing tailored and advanced services that seamlessly meet the needs of Huawei users.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.