(Corrects to read second quarter of 2018, paragraph 2)
LONDON, March 26 (Reuters) - 3i Group Plc III.L has sold ferry operator Scandlines to infrastructure funds First State Investments and Hermes Investment Management and bought back a 35 percent stake, the London-listed private equity group said on Monday.
The deal gives Scandlines an equity value of 1.7 billion euros ($2.11 billion), 3i said in a statement, adding it made net cash proceeds of 347 million euros from the transaction, which it expects to close in the second quarter of 2018.
Scandlines operates ferry routes between Germany and Denmark, with more than 42,000 journeys per year.
It recently completed an 862 million euro infrastructure debt refinancing to reduce its long-term cost of debt.
($1 = 0.8074 euros)
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.