NAIROBI, Nov 4 (Reuters) - The following company announcements, scheduled economic indicators, debt and currency market moves and political events may affect African markets on Monday.
- - - - - GLOBAL MARKETS Asian shares surged to more than 14-week highs on Monday as growing optimism over U.S.-China trade talks and upbeat U.S. job data boosted global investors' appetite for riskier assets.
MKTS/GLOB WORLD OIL PRICES Oil prices eased on Monday as traders remained cautious ahead of fresh European and U.S. economic data, despite hopes for some resolution to the U.S.-China trade row that has hurt global economic growth and crimped energy demand.
EMERGING MARKETS For the top emerging markets news, double click on STOCKS For the latest news on African stocks, click on .J
SOUTH AFRICA MARKETS South Africa's rand firmed against the dollar on Friday thanks to a weaker greenback, while stocks also rose on improved risk appetite, as markets awaited a Moody's rating review later in the day.
KENYA MARKETS The Kenyan shilling KES= was stable on Friday, and was forecast to gain due to inflows from offshore investors buying government bonds and subsiding dollar demand from merchandise importers, traders said. KENYA COMPANIES Kenya's Safaricom SCOM.NR plans to bid for one of two Ethiopian telecoms licenses next year in partnership with South Africa's Vodacom VODJ.J , it said after posting a jump in first-half profit on Friday. NIGERIA OIL Oil trader Vitol VITOLV.UL has quit a consortium that was set to buy a stake in two Nigerian oil fields from Brazil's Petrobras PETR4.SA , its former partner said on Friday.
BOTSWANA POLITICS President Mokgweetsi Masisi, sworn in for a five-year term on Friday, promised to drive a transformation of Botswana's economy, creating more jobs and countering excessive dependence on diamonds that threatens to knock it off course. GHANA CRUDE Aker Energy's planned development of an oilfield in Ghana faces delay due to a disagreement with authorities over regulations, Norwegian investment company Aker ASA AKER.OL said on Friday. the latest precious metals report click on GOL/
For the latest base metals report click on MET/L
For the latest crude oil report click on O/L
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.