At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 gained 0.05%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Platinum Asset Management Ltd (AX: PTM ), which rose 8.75% or 0.490 points to trade at 6.090 at the close. IPH Ltd (AX: IPH ) added 6.87% or 0.265 points to end at 4.125 and G8 Education Ltd (AX: GEM ) was up 4.85% or 0.115 points to 2.485 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Eclipx Group Ltd (AX: ECX ), which lost 6.25% or 0.210 points to trade at 3.150 in late trade. Aurizon Holdings Ltd (AX: AZJ ) declined 3.71% or 0.170 points to end at 4.410 and GWA Group Ltd (AX: GWA ) shed 3.70% or 0.140 points to 3.640.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 647 to 597 and 401 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 0.15% to 11.622.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.08% or 1.00 to $1313.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.92% or 0.65 to hit $70.08 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.75% or 0.57 to trade at $75.60 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.07% to 0.7510, while AUD/JPY fell 0.17% to 81.88.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.02% at 92.63.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.