At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 added 0.17%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Bellamys Australia Ltd (AX: BAL ), which rose 5.00% or 1.060 points to trade at 22.240 at the close. AusNet Services Ltd (AX: AST ) added 2.99% or 0.050 points to end at 1.720 and Origin Energy Ltd (AX: ORG ) was up 2.71% or 0.240 points to 9.080 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Syrah Resources Ltd (AX: SYR ), which lost 4.68% or 0.180 points to trade at 3.670 in late trade. Tassal Group Ltd (AX: TGR ) declined 4.66% or 0.180 points to end at 3.680 and Galaxy Resources Ltd (AX: GXY ) shed 3.92% or 0.140 points to 3.430.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 639 to 605 and 353 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was up 3.98% to 12.196.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.10% or 1.30 to $1311.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 0.51% or 0.32 to hit $62.09 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.53% or 0.35 to trade at $65.86 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.26% to 0.7694, while AUD/JPY fell 0.53% to 81.34.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.11% at 89.90.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.