At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 rose 0.19% to hit a new 3-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were BT Investment Management Ltd (AX: PDL ), which rose 6.96% or 0.640 points to trade at 9.840 at the close. Woodside Petroleum Ltd (AX: WPL ) added 5.36% or 1.735 points to end at 34.085 and Oil Search Ltd (AX: OSH ) was up 5.19% or 0.420 points to 8.510 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Link Administration Holdings Ltd (AX: LNK ), which lost 9.11% or 0.720 points to trade at 7.180 in late trade. Greencross Ltd (AX: GXL ) declined 6.94% or 0.290 points to end at 3.890 and Bega Cheese Ltd (AX: BGA ) shed 4.02% or 0.290 points to 6.930.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 643 to 555 and 405 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 0.23% to 11.345.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.01% or 0.10 to $1312.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.66% or 0.47 to hit $71.61 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.62% or 0.48 to trade at $77.69 a barrel.
AUD/USD was up 0.01% to 0.7460, while AUD/JPY rose 0.11% to 81.94.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 92.94.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.