At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 rose 0.33%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Elders Ltd (AX: ELD ), which rose 19.70% or 1.460 points to trade at 8.870 at the close. Healthscope (AX: HSO ) added 13.46% or 0.280 points to end at 2.360 and Lynas Corporation Ltd (AX: LYC ) was up 9.59% or 0.210 points to 2.400 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (AX: APT ), which lost 7.34% or 0.990 points to trade at 12.500 in late trade. Lend Lease Group (AX: LLC ) declined 5.85% or 0.830 points to end at 13.360 and Steadfast Group Ltd (AX: SDF ) shed 5.54% or 0.170 points to 2.900.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 606 to 542 and 316 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 4.61% to 13.439 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.02% or 0.30 to $1208.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 1.08% or 0.65 to hit $60.84 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 1.68% or 1.18 to trade at $71.36 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.17% to 0.7213, while AUD/JPY rose 0.06% to 82.27.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.24% at 96.97.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.