At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 added 0.42%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Eclipx Group Ltd (AX: ECX ), which rose 9.04% or 0.075 points to trade at 0.905 at the close. Cochlear Ltd (AX: COH ) added 7.86% or 13.17 points to end at 180.76 and Nextdc Ltd (AX: NXT ) was up 5.06% or 0.300 points to 6.230 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Charter Hall Group (AX: CHC ), which lost 2.57% or 0.260 points to trade at 9.870 in late trade. Caltex Australia Ltd (AX: CTX ) declined 2.52% or 0.690 points to end at 26.660 and Bravura Solutions Ltd (AX: BVS ) shed 2.08% or 0.120 points to 5.650.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 574 to 537 and 414 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 3.15% to 10.440 a new 6-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.15% or 1.95 to $1289.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 0.21% or 0.13 to hit $63.27 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 0.38% or 0.27 to trade at $70.91 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.33% to 0.7149, while AUD/JPY fell 0.43% to 80.02.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 96.542.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.