At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 gained 0.51%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Nearmap Ltd (ASX: NEA ), which rose 9.59% or 0.330 points to trade at 3.770 at the close. Worleyparsons Ltd (ASX: WOR ) added 7.86% or 1.030 points to end at 14.140 and Speedcast International Ltd (ASX: SDA ) was up 7.47% or 0.260 points to 3.740 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Ltd (ASX: FPH ), which lost 5.23% or 0.800 points to trade at 14.500 in late trade. Domino'S Pizza Enterprises Ltd (ASX: DMP ) declined 5.01% or 2.040 points to end at 38.660 and Estia Health Ltd (ASX: EHE ) shed 4.29% or 0.120 points to 2.680.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 660 to 504 and 404 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 1.47% to 13.513.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.06% or 0.75 to $1282.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.61% or 0.36 to hit $58.99 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.28% or 0.19 to trade at $68.58 a barrel.
AUD/USD was up 0.15% to 0.6927, while AUD/JPY rose 0.09% to 75.81.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.16% at 97.632.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.