At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 added 0.61%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Lynas Corporation Ltd (AX: LYC ), which rose 10.98% or 0.235 points to trade at 2.375 at the close. Treasury Wine Estates Ltd (AX: TWE ) added 5.73% or 1.050 points to end at 19.380 and Ausdrill Ltd (AX: ASL ) was up 4.89% or 0.085 points to 1.825 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (AX: APT ), which lost 3.62% or 0.545 points to trade at 14.495 in late trade. Infigen Energy (AX: IFN ) declined 2.29% or 0.015 points to end at 0.640 and Viva Energy Reit Ltd (AX: VVR ) shed 2.28% or 0.050 points to 2.140.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 683 to 513 and 378 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 3.19% to 12.747.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.49% or 6.00 to $1219.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.21% or 0.14 to hit $67.75 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.16% or 0.12 to trade at $72.94 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.12% to 0.7372, while AUD/JPY fell 0.12% to 82.09.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.11% at 94.52.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.