At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 added 0.64%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Bendigo And Adelaide Bank Ltd (AX: BEN ), which rose 7.82% or 0.880 points to trade at 12.140 at the close. oOh!Media Ltd (AX: OML ) added 6.81% or 0.275 points to end at 4.315 and Vocus Group Ltd (AX: VOC ) was up 3.97% or 0.125 points to 3.275 in late trade.
Biggest losers included JB Hi-Fi Ltd (AX: JBH ), which lost 4.02% or 1.020 points to trade at 24.350 in late trade. Resolute Mining Ltd (AX: RSG ) declined 3.59% or 0.040 points to end at 1.075 and Ansell Ltd (AX: ANN ) shed 3.25% or 0.700 points to 20.850.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 592 to 539 and 359 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 13.73% to 15.203.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.21% or 2.77 to $1291.23 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.10% or 0.05 to hit $48.77 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 0.15% or 0.08 to trade at $52.02 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.08% to 0.7889, while AUD/JPY rose 0.32% to 86.47.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.12% at 93.10.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.