At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 gained 0.70% to hit a new 3-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Webjet Ltd (AX: WEB ), which rose 30.61% or 3.480 points to trade at 14.850 at the close. Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Ltd (AX: FPH ) added 7.27% or 0.930 points to end at 13.730 and Nine Entertainment Co Holdings Ltd (AX: NEC ) was up 7.17% or 0.10 points to 1.57 in late trade.
Biggest losers included St Barbara Ltd (AX: SBM ), which lost 8.02% or 0.420 points to trade at 4.820 in late trade. Saracen Mineral Holdings Ltd (AX: SAR ) declined 6.89% or 0.210 points to end at 2.840 and Wisetech Global Ltd (AX: WTC ) shed 5.37% or 1.130 points to 19.900.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 610 to 555 and 322 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 2.00% to 12.165.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.47% or 6.35 to $1341.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 0.31% or 0.18 to hit $57.34 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.01% or 0.01 to trade at $67.09 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.78% to 0.7107, while AUD/JPY fell 0.88% to 78.69.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.15% at 96.435.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.