At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 added 0.75%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Galaxy Resources Ltd (AX: GXY ), which rose 11.46% or 0.330 points to trade at 3.210 at the close. Mineral Resources Ltd (AX: MIN ) added 8.43% or 1.420 points to end at 18.270 and Pilbara Minerals Ltd (AX: PLS ) was up 6.25% or 0.050 points to 0.850 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Seven West Media Ltd (AX: SWM ), which lost 3.85% or 0.020 points to trade at 0.500 in late trade. Evolution Mining Ltd (AX: EVN ) declined 3.18% or 0.090 points to end at 2.740 and St Barbara Ltd (AX: SBM ) shed 2.70% or 0.100 points to 3.600.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1098 to 272 and 278 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 16.27% to 18.557.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.20% or 2.70 to $1332.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.82% or 0.52 to hit $63.91 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.75% or 0.50 to trade at $67.36 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.33% to 0.7879, while AUD/JPY fell 0.64% to 86.06.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.07% at 89.46.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.