Australia shares higher at close of trade; S&P/ASX 200 up 0.26%
Investing.com – Australia equities were higher at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Utilities , Consumer Staples and IT sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 added 0.26%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Isentia Group Ltd (AX: ISD ), which rose 6.43% or 0.100 points to trade at 1.655 at the close. Automotive Group Holdings Ltd (AX: AHG ) added 5.04% or 0.200 points to end at 4.170 and Ardent Leisure Group (AX: AAD ) was up 3.87% or 0.060 points to 1.610 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Galaxy Resources Ltd (AX: GXY ), which lost 6.32% or 0.030 points to trade at 0.445 in late trade. Regis Resources Ltd (AX: RRL ) declined 6.19% or 0.200 points to end at 3.030 and Orocobre Ltd (AX: ORE ) shed 6.00% or 0.180 points to 2.820.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 608 to 473 and 345 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 6.02% to 11.373.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.04% or 0.45 to $1225.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 0.02% or 0.01 to hit $53.19 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.09% or 0.05 to trade at $55.96 a barrel.
AUD/USD was up 0.49% to 0.7617, while AUD/JPY rose 0.52% to 86.78.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 101.66.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or