Australia shares higher at close of trade; S&P/ASX 200 up 0.52%
Investing.com – Australia equities were higher at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Real Estate Investment , Metals & Mining and Industrials sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 gained 0.52%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Regis Healthcare Ltd (AX: REG ), which rose 14.39% or 0.580 points to trade at 4.610 at the close. Japara Fpo (AX: JHC ) added 10.89% or 0.215 points to end at 2.190 and Estia Health Ltd (AX: EHE ) was up 10.28% or 0.260 points to 2.790 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Regis Resources Ltd (AX: RRL ), which lost 5.00% or 0.140 points to trade at 2.660 in late trade. Western Areas Ltd (AX: WSA ) declined 2.66% or 0.085 points to end at 3.115 and Orocobre Ltd (AX: ORE ) shed 2.60% or 0.110 points to 4.120.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 598 to 467 and 299 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 7.23% to 12.390.
In commodities trading, Gold for February delivery was down 0.18% or 2.15 to $1174.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 0.98% or 0.51 to hit $51.28 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 0.78% or 0.43 to trade at $54.51 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.13% to 0.7462, while AUD/JPY fell 0.22% to 84.88.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.03% at 100.19.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or