At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 gained 0.63%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Aconex Ltd (AX: ACX ), which rose 13.29% or 0.690 points to trade at 5.880 at the close. IPH Ltd (AX: IPH ) added 6.67% or 0.360 points to end at 5.760 and Fortescue Metals Group Ltd (AX: FMG ) was up 6.26% or 0.320 points to 5.430 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bega Cheese Ltd (AX: BGA ), which lost 18.80% or 1.220 points to trade at 5.270 in late trade. ALS Ltd (AX: ALQ ) declined 4.50% or 0.290 points to end at 6.160 and Asaleo Care (AX: AHY ) shed 4.08% or 0.060 points to 1.410.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 558 to 464 and 326 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 3.41% to 13.077.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was up 0.21% or 2.65 to $1266.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $50.52 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.16% or 0.08 to trade at $51.38 a barrel.
AUD/USD was up 0.24% to 0.7631, while AUD/JPY rose 0.48% to 79.69.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.08% at 98.72.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.