At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 added 0.72%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Nufarm Ltd (AX: NUF ), which rose 5.64% or 0.470 points to trade at 8.800 at the close. ALS Ltd (AX: ALQ ) added 5.60% or 0.300 points to end at 5.660 and Infigen Energy (AX: IFN ) was up 4.69% or 0.038 points to 0.838 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Vocus Fpo (AX: VOC ), which lost 10.65% or 0.720 points to trade at 6.040 in late trade. TPG Telecom Ltd (AX: TPM ) declined 7.11% or 0.660 points to end at 8.620 and Galaxy Resources Ltd (AX: GXY ) shed 6.34% or 0.023 points to 0.333.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 594 to 489 and 333 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was up 2.44% to 15.242.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was down 0.04% or 0.55 to $1317.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 1.88% or 0.83 to hit $44.88 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 1.44% or 0.66 to trade at $46.54 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.05% to 0.7552, while AUD/JPY rose 0.82% to 77.47.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.24% at 96.20.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.