At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 declined 0.03%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Australian Pharma Industries Ltd (AX: API ), which rose 4.46% or 0.070 points to trade at 1.640 at the close. Link Administration Holdings Ltd (AX: LNK ) added 3.91% or 0.280 points to end at 7.440 and Seven West Media Ltd (AX: SWM ) was up 3.66% or 0.030 points to 0.850 in late trade.
Biggest losers included oOh!Media Ltd (AX: OML ), which lost 6.11% or 0.313 points to trade at 4.810 in late trade. Metcash Ltd (AX: MTS ) declined 5.36% or 0.150 points to end at 2.650 and Aurizon Holdings Ltd (AX: AZJ ) shed 3.17% or 0.140 points to 4.280.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 722 to 561 and 463 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 2.54% to 12.425.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.24% or 3.00 to $1256.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.40% or 0.28 to hit $70.81 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.38% or 0.29 to trade at $76.43 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.22% to 0.7376, while AUD/JPY fell 0.34% to 81.08.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.05% at 94.31.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.