At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 declined 0.11%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were G8 Education Ltd (AX: GEM ), which rose 11.32% or 0.240 points to trade at 2.360 at the close. Sigma Pharmaceuticals Ltd (AX: SIG ) added 4.90% or 0.025 points to end at 0.535 and Costa Group Holdings Ltd (AX: CGC ) was up 4.65% or 0.290 points to 6.520 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Lend Lease Group (AX: LLC ), which lost 18.68% or 3.260 points to trade at 14.190 in late trade. Corporate Travel Managment Ltd (AX: CTD ) declined 8.41% or 1.930 points to end at 21.020 and Orocobre Ltd (AX: ORE ) shed 7.23% or 0.340 points to 4.360.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 567 to 534 and 380 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was up 1.45% to 14.088.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.36% or 4.40 to $1220.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.10% or 0.06 to hit $60.61 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 0.08% or 0.06 to trade at $70.71 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.14% to 0.7247, while AUD/JPY fell 0.27% to 82.55.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.08% at 96.57.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.