At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 fell 0.11%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Saracen Mineral Holdings Ltd (ASX: SAR ), which rose 6.06% or 0.220 points to trade at 3.850 at the close. St Barbara Ltd (ASX: SBM ) added 5.48% or 0.160 points to end at 3.080 and Ausdrill Ltd (ASX: ASL ) was up 4.31% or 0.075 points to 1.815 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sandfire Resources NL (ASX: SFR ), which lost 11.17% or 0.790 points to trade at 6.280 in late trade. Nearmap Ltd (ASX: NEA ) declined 7.77% or 0.320 points to end at 3.800 and Domino'S Pizza Enterprises Ltd (ASX: DMP ) shed 7.23% or 2.830 points to 36.300.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 723 to 516 and 422 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 0.93% to 13.265.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.99% or 14.10 to $1432.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.41% or 0.24 to hit $57.66 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.61% or 0.39 to trade at $63.79 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.04% to 0.6958, while AUD/JPY fell 0.31% to 74.45.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.04% at 95.445.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.