At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 fell 0.15% to hit a new 1-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were A2 Milk Company Ltd (AX: A2M ), which rose 5.17% or 0.390 points to trade at 7.930 at the close. Infigen Energy (AX: IFN ) added 4.62% or 0.030 points to end at 0.680 and Flight Centre Ltd (AX: FLT ) was up 4.25% or 1.990 points to 48.830 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Orocobre Ltd (AX: ORE ), which lost 9.26% or 0.661 points to trade at 6.480 in late trade. Galaxy Resources Ltd (AX: GXY ) declined 7.37% or 0.280 points to end at 3.520 and Mineral Resources Ltd (AX: MIN ) shed 6.64% or 1.340 points to 18.840.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 757 to 539 and 325 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was up 0.28% to 11.571.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.28% or 3.70 to $1330.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 1.22% or 0.78 to hit $63.17 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 1.01% or 0.70 to trade at $68.61 a barrel.
AUD/USD was up 0.14% to 0.8010, while AUD/JPY fell 0.03% to 88.84.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.10% at 90.22.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.