At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 lost 0.26%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were NRW Holdings Ltd (ASX: NWH ), which rose 6.93% or 0.160 points to trade at 2.470 at the close. Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT ) added 5.52% or 1.420 points to end at 27.140 and Eclipx Group Ltd (ASX: ECX ) was up 4.20% or 0.050 points to 1.240 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Orocobre Ltd (ASX: ORE ), which lost 4.87% or 0.150 points to trade at 2.930 in late trade. Emeco Holdings Ltd (ASX: EHL ) declined 4.74% or 0.100 points to end at 2.010 and Bellamys Australia Ltd (ASX: BAL ) shed 4.65% or 0.370 points to 7.580.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 745 to 512 and 427 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 1.82% to 13.023.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.61% or 8.65 to $1410.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 2.08% or 1.20 to hit $59.03 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 1.56% or 1.00 to trade at $65.28 a barrel.
AUD/USD was up 0.27% to 0.6976, while AUD/JPY rose 0.45% to 74.92.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.11% at 95.752.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.