At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 lost 0.28%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Australian Pharma Industries Ltd (AX: API ), which rose 7.07% or 0.103 points to trade at 1.552 at the close. Speedcast International Ltd (AX: SDA ) added 3.41% or 0.200 points to end at 6.070 and Flight Centre Ltd (AX: FLT ) was up 2.63% or 1.660 points to 64.780 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wisetech Global Ltd (AX: WTC ), which lost 4.37% or 0.750 points to trade at 16.400 in late trade. Beach Energy Ltd (AX: BPT ) declined 4.09% or 0.070 points to end at 1.640 and Domino'S Pizza Enterprises Ltd (AX: DMP ) shed 3.93% or 2.100 points to 51.340.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 772 to 498 and 440 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was up 5.24% to 12.776.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.28% or 3.50 to $1265.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.21% or 0.14 to hit $68.22 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.13% or 0.10 to trade at $74.65 a barrel.
AUD/USD was up 0.07% to 0.7419, while AUD/JPY fell 0.09% to 81.31.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.05% at 93.90.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.