At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 fell 0.35%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Emeco Holdings Ltd (ASX: EHL ), which rose 12.46% or 0.220 points to trade at 1.985 at the close. Nanosonics Ltd (ASX: NAN ) added 8.72% or 0.430 points to end at 5.360 and Northern Star Resources Ltd (ASX: NST ) was up 5.71% or 0.570 points to 10.550 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Vocus Group Ltd (ASX: VOC ), which lost 24.54% or 1.070 points to trade at 3.290 in late trade. Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX: PLS ) declined 9.93% or 0.070 points to end at 0.635 and Challenger Ltd (ASX: CGF ) shed 8.49% or 0.590 points to 6.360.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 692 to 510 and 421 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 0.37% to 13.496.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.16% or 2.15 to $1342.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.06% or 0.03 to hit $52.80 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 0.23% or 0.14 to trade at $62.15 a barrel.
AUD/USD was up 0.04% to 0.6875, while AUD/JPY rose 0.15% to 74.64.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 97.055.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.