At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 lost 0.43%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Charter Hall Long WALE REIT (AX: CLW ), which rose 4.51% or 0.190 points to trade at 4.400 at the close. Corporate Travel Managment Ltd (AX: CTD ) added 4.05% or 0.790 points to end at 20.300 and Myob Group Ltd (AX: MYO ) was up 2.56% or 0.090 points to 3.610 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Orocobre Ltd (AX: ORE ), which lost 5.37% or 0.320 points to trade at 5.640 in late trade. Western Areas Ltd (AX: WSA ) declined 5.26% or 0.160 points to end at 2.880 and Syrah Resources Ltd (AX: SYR ) shed 5.23% or 0.230 points to 4.170.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 746 to 476 and 337 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was up 4.23% to 12.612.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.32% or 4.00 to $1268.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 0.42% or 0.24 to hit $57.38 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 0.38% or 0.24 to trade at $62.62 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.39% to 0.7578, while AUD/JPY fell 0.77% to 85.00.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.10% at 93.18.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.