At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 fell 0.53%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were TPG Telecom Ltd (AX: TPM ), which rose 3.32% or 0.250 points to trade at 7.770 at the close. Pact Group Holdings Ltd (AX: PGH ) added 3.19% or 0.110 points to end at 3.560 and Speedcast International Ltd (AX: SDA ) was up 2.95% or 0.110 points to 3.840 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Emeco Holdings Ltd (AX: EHL ), which lost 7.81% or 0.025 points to trade at 0.295 in late trade. Eclipx Group Ltd (AX: ECX ) declined 6.97% or 0.170 points to end at 2.270 and Bingo Industries Ltd (AX: BIN ) shed 6.30% or 0.150 points to 2.230.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 632 to 488 and 355 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was up 0.14% to 15.877.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.01% or 0.10 to $1233.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.59% or 0.37 to hit $62.77 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.48% or 0.35 to trade at $72.48 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.04% to 0.7190, while AUD/JPY fell 0.01% to 81.42.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 96.28.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.