At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 fell 0.69%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Lynas Corporation Ltd (ASX: LYC ), which rose 15.48% or 0.370 points to trade at 2.760 at the close. Ausdrill Ltd (ASX: ASL ) added 2.33% or 0.035 points to end at 1.535 and Domain Holdings Australia Ltd (ASX: DHG ) was up 1.82% or 0.060 points to 3.360 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Downer Edi Ltd (ASX: DOW ), which lost 9.39% or 0.740 points to trade at 7.140 in late trade. Nufarm Ltd (ASX: NUF ) declined 5.81% or 0.250 points to end at 4.050 and Smartgroup Corporation Ltd (ASX: SIQ ) shed 4.74% or 0.440 points to 8.850.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 732 to 437 and 385 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was up 3.77% to 14.023.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.48% or 6.15 to $1283.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 1.15% or 0.68 to hit $58.46 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.86% or 0.59 to trade at $68.08 a barrel.
AUD/USD was up 0.04% to 0.6925, while AUD/JPY fell 0.10% to 75.62.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.03% at 97.810.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.