At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 lost 0.97% to hit a new 3-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Nextdc Ltd (AX: NXT ), which rose 2.61% or 0.160 points to trade at 6.290 at the close. Mineral Resources Ltd (AX: MIN ) added 1.55% or 0.240 points to end at 15.710 and Harvey Norman Holdings Ltd (AX: HVN ) was up 1.45% or 0.050 points to 3.510 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bellamys Australia Ltd (AX: BAL ), which lost 6.25% or 0.560 points to trade at 8.400 in late trade. Resolute Mining Ltd (AX: RSG ) declined 5.66% or 0.060 points to end at 1.000 and Wisetech Global Ltd (AX: WTC ) shed 5.39% or 1.060 points to 18.600.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 840 to 331 and 349 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was up 2.14% to 14.391 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.47% or 5.60 to $1194.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.47% or 0.35 to hit $74.64 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.50% or 0.42 to trade at $84.33 a barrel.
AUD/USD was up 0.04% to 0.7082, while AUD/JPY fell 0.05% to 80.10.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.03% at 95.41.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.