At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 fell 0.99% to hit a new 6-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Speedcast International Ltd (AX: SDA ), which rose 3.73% or 0.140 points to trade at 3.890 at the close. Santos Ltd (AX: STO ) added 2.90% or 0.200 points to end at 7.090 and Sims Metal Management Ltd (AX: SGM ) was up 2.81% or 0.330 points to 12.080 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (AX: APT ), which lost 6.64% or 0.980 points to trade at 13.770 in late trade. Domain Holdings Australia Ltd (AX: DHG ) declined 4.69% or 0.130 points to end at 2.640 and Rea Group Ltd (AX: REA ) shed 4.17% or 3.150 points to 72.350.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 759 to 443 and 348 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was down 0.77% to 20.213.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.28% or 3.40 to $1225.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.77% or 0.55 to hit $71.89 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 1.04% or 0.84 to trade at $81.27 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.10% to 0.7107, while AUD/JPY fell 0.34% to 79.54.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.03% at 94.97.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.