Investing.com – Australia equities were lower at the close on Tuesday, as in the sectors propelled shares .
At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 unchanged 0.00% to hit a new 3-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Independence Group NL (AX: IGO ), which rose 5.42% or 0.250 points to trade at 4.860 at the close. A2 Milk Company Ltd (AX: A2M ) added 4.82% or 0.600 points to end at 13.040 and Tabcorp Holdings Ltd (AX: TAH ) was up 4.39% or 0.190 points to 4.520 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Iress Ltd (AX: IRE ), which lost 2.28% or 0.220 points to trade at 9.430 in late trade. Northern Star Resources Ltd (AX: NST ) declined 2.16% or 0.150 points to end at 6.810 and OZ Minerals Ltd (AX: OZL ) shed 2.11% or 0.190 points to 8.810.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 551 to 269 and 226 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was unchanged 0.00% to 16.395 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.10% or 1.40 to $1353.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.26% or 0.17 to hit $65.72 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.17% or 0.12 to trade at $69.64 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.15% to 0.7735, while AUD/JPY rose 0.04% to 81.69.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.01% at 88.65.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.