At the close in Sydney, the S&P/ASX 200 declined 0.31%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/ASX 200 were Rea Group Ltd (AX: REA ), which rose 3.71% or 1.860 points to trade at 52.010 at the close. Liquefied Natural Gas Ltd (AX: LNG ) added 3.45% or 0.020 points to end at 0.600 and Austal Ltd (AX: ASB ) was up 3.27% or 0.050 points to 1.580 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Broadspectrum Ltd (AX: BRS ), which lost 10.20% or 0.128 points to trade at 1.123 in late trade. Fortescue Metals Group Ltd (AX: FMG ) declined 6.25% or 0.210 points to end at 3.150 and Programmed Maintenance Services Ltd (AX: PRG ) shed 5.65% or 0.085 points to 1.420.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 569 to 465 and 343 ended unchanged on the Sydney Stock Exchange.
The S&P/ASX 200 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/ASX 200 options, was up 8.41% to 17.922.
In commodities trading, Gold for June delivery was down 0.16% or 1.95 to $1238.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.19% or 0.08 to hit $42.72 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.20% or 0.09 to trade at $44.41 a barrel.
AUD/USD was down 0.06% to 0.7710, while AUD/JPY fell 0.34% to 85.50.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.02% at 94.72.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.