At the close in Brussels, the BEL 20 added 0.09%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BEL 20 were Galapagos NV (AS: GLPG ), which rose 1.08% or 0.920 points to trade at 86.360 at the close. Solvay SA (BR: SOLB ) added 0.80% or 0.85 points to end at 107.20 and KBC (BR: KBC ) was up 0.55% or 0.360 points to 65.860 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Telenet Group (BR: TNET ), which lost 5.17% or 2.30 points to trade at 42.16 in late trade. Proximus NV (BR: PROX ) declined 1.84% or 0.38 points to end at 20.31 and bpost NV (BR: BPOST ) shed 0.73% or 0.09 points to 12.32.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 56 to 51 and 21 ended unchanged on the Brussels Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.33% or 4.10 to $1242.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.92% or 0.65 to hit $70.98 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 1.26% or 0.94 to trade at $75.39 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.02% to 1.1669, while EUR/GBP fell 0.10% to 0.8828.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.01% at 94.58.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.