Belgium shares higher at close of trade; BEL 20 up 0.24%
Investing.com – Belgium equities were higher at the close on Friday, as gains in the Technology , Basic Materials and Healthcare sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Brussels, the BEL 20 rose 0.24%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BEL 20 were Aperam SA (AS: APAM ), which rose 1.36% or 0.54 points to trade at 40.30 at the close. Sofina (BR: SOF ) added 1.30% or 2.20 points to end at 172.00 and bpost NV (BR: BPOST ) was up 1.13% or 0.15 points to 13.44 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Engie SA (PA: ENGIE ), which lost 0.42% or 0.06 points to trade at 13.06 in late trade. Proximus NV (BR: PROX ) declined 0.34% or 0.07 points to end at 20.52 and Anheuser Busch Inbev SA NV (BR: ABI ) shed 0.31% or 0.26 points to 84.73.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 57 to 45 and 23 ended unchanged on the Brussels Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.70% or 20.30 to $1214.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 1.84% or 1.25 to hit $69.08 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 1.89% or 1.41 to trade at $76.14 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.81% to 1.1633, while EUR/GBP rose 0.41% to 0.9043.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.60% at 94.98.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or