Belgium shares higher at close of trade; BEL 20 up 0.73%
Investing.com – Belgium equities were higher at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Healthcare , Utilities and Basic Materials sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Brussels, the BEL 20 added 0.73% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BEL 20 were KBC (BR: KBC ), which rose 3.87% or 2.280 points to trade at 61.120 at the close. ING Groep NV (AS: INGA ) added 3.64% or 0.362 points to end at 10.294 and Aperam SA (AS: APAM ) was up 3.15% or 0.78 points to 25.55 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Anheuser Busch Inbev SA NV (BR: ABI ), which lost 2.69% or 1.71 points to trade at 61.83 in late trade. Umicore SA (BR: UMI ) declined 2.18% or 0.80 points to end at 35.87 and Argen-X (BR: ARGX ) shed 1.76% or 1.60 points to 89.50.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 67 to 43 and 12 ended unchanged on the Brussels Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.48% or 6.15 to $1294.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 0.29% or 0.15 to hit $51.96 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.26% or 0.16 to trade at $60.80 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.10% to 1.1402, while EUR/GBP fell 0.13% to 0.8861.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.03% at 95.648.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or