At the close in Brussels, the BEL 20 lost 0.04%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BEL 20 were Argen-X (BR: ARGX ), which rose 4.70% or 3.50 points to trade at 78.00 at the close. Telenet Group (BR: TNET ) added 2.03% or 0.92 points to end at 46.22 and Umicore SA (BR: UMI ) was up 1.29% or 0.60 points to 47.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Anheuser Busch Inbev SA NV (BR: ABI ), which lost 2.18% or 1.90 points to trade at 85.20 in late trade. bpost NV (BR: BPOST ) declined 1.82% or 0.25 points to end at 13.50 and Ontex Group (BR: ONTEX ) shed 0.82% or 0.20 points to 24.10.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 52 to 52 and 21 ended unchanged on the Brussels Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.18% or 2.20 to $1202.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 3.24% or 2.13 to hit $67.97 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 2.89% or 2.10 to trade at $74.73 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.19% to 1.1592, while EUR/GBP rose 0.13% to 0.8979.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.09% at 95.04.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.