Belgium shares lower at close of trade; BEL 20 down 0.29%
Investing.com – Belgium equities were lower at the close on Tuesday, as losses in the Technology , Basic Materials and Industrials sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Brussels, the BEL 20 fell 0.29%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BEL 20 were Argen-X (BR: ARGX ), which rose 4.46% or 3.70 points to trade at 86.70 at the close. Aperam SA (AS: APAM ) added 2.08% or 0.64 points to end at 31.48 and Telenet Group Holding NV (BR: TNET ) was up 1.06% or 0.46 points to 43.76 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Solvay SA (BR: SOLB ), which lost 1.86% or 1.90 points to trade at 100.15 in late trade. KBC (BR: KBC ) declined 1.85% or 1.120 points to end at 59.560 and Galapagos NV (AS: GLPG ) shed 1.50% or 1.400 points to 92.240.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 60 to 55 and 15 ended unchanged on the Brussels Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.13% or 1.60 to $1228.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 2.57% or 1.62 to hit $61.48 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 2.34% or 1.71 to trade at $71.46 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.08% to 1.1417, while EUR/GBP fell 0.23% to 0.8727.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.04% at 96.12.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or