At the close in Brussels, the BEL 20 fell 0.36%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BEL 20 were Anheuser Busch Inbev SA NV (BR: ABI ), which rose 2.43% or 1.61 points to trade at 68.00 at the close. KBC (BR: KBC ) added 1.93% or 1.180 points to end at 62.300 and Etablissementen Fr Colruyt NV (BR: COLR ) was up 1.33% or 0.74 points to 56.24 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Aperam SA (AS: APAM ), which lost 3.19% or 0.86 points to trade at 26.13 in late trade. Engie SA (PA: ENGIE ) declined 2.72% or 0.34 points to end at 12.16 and ING Groep NV (AS: INGA ) shed 2.27% or 0.254 points to 10.936.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 68 to 40 and 17 ended unchanged on the Brussels Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.24% or 14.90 to $1214.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.98% or 0.55 to hit $56.80 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 1.21% or 0.80 to trade at $66.92 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.07% to 1.1318, while EUR/GBP rose 1.93% to 0.8872.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.35% at 97.00.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.