At the close in Brussels, the BEL 20 declined 0.76%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BEL 20 were Proximus NV (BR: PROX ), which rose 2.38% or 0.49 points to trade at 21.09 at the close. Cofinimmo-Sicafi (BR: COFB ) added 0.67% or 0.70 points to end at 105.30 and Argen-X (BR: ARGX ) was up 0.47% or 0.30 points to 64.20 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Umicore SA (BR: UMI ), which lost 3.02% or 1.42 points to trade at 45.66 in late trade. Aperam SA (AS: APAM ) declined 2.30% or 0.94 points to end at 39.88 and Solvay SA (BR: SOLB ) shed 2.17% or 2.55 points to 114.80.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 67 to 42 and 16 ended unchanged on the Brussels Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.35% or 4.20 to $1205.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.39% or 0.29 to hit $74.62 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.13% or 0.11 to trade at $84.69 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.03% to 1.1511, while EUR/GBP fell 0.59% to 0.8790.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.05% at 95.38.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.