At the close in Sao Paulo, the Bovespa added 0.51%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Bovespa were Suzano Papel e Celulose SA (SA: SUZB3 ), which rose 6.73% or 3.39 points to trade at 53.78 at the close. B3 SA Brasil Bolsa Balcao (SA: B3SA3 ) added 4.02% or 0.84 points to end at 21.75 and Magazine Luiza SA (SA: MGLU3 ) was up 3.25% or 3.83 points to 121.83 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Smiles Fidelidade SA (SA: SMLS3 ), which lost 7.57% or 3.90 points to trade at 47.60 in late trade. Raia Drogasil SA (SA: RADL3 ) declined 3.13% or 2.35 points to end at 72.79 and Viavarejo Unt (SA: VVAR11 ) shed 2.92% or 0.44 points to 14.65.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 213 to 210 and 47 ended unchanged on the BM&FBovespa Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Brazil Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Bovespa options, was up 0.35% to 51.88 a new 52-week high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.25% or 3.00 to $1202.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 1.40% or 0.98 to hit $68.89 a barrel, while the December US coffee C contract rose 2.12% or 2.15 to trade at $103.50 .
USD/BRL was down 0.41% to 4.1432, while EUR/BRL fell 0.00% to 4.8188.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.31% at 95.07.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.