At the close in Sao Paulo, the Bovespa rose 1.37% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Bovespa were Cia Paranaense de Energia (SA: CPLE6 ), which rose 9.40% or 2.49 points to trade at 28.99 at the close. Natura Cosmeticos SA (SA: NATU3 ) added 4.34% or 1.10 points to end at 26.45 and Kroton Educacional SA (SA: KROT3 ) was up 3.87% or 0.62 points to 16.63 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Cia de Saneamento Basico do Estado (SA: SBSP3 ), which lost 2.45% or 0.81 points to trade at 32.24 in late trade. MRV Engenharia e Participacoes SA (SA: MRVE3 ) declined 1.57% or 0.22 points to end at 13.78 and Hypermarcas SA (SA: HYPE3 ) shed 1.25% or 0.37 points to 29.16.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 232 to 140 and 41 ended unchanged on the Sao Paulo Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Brazil Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Bovespa options, was down 7.10% to 25.89.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.52% or 6.74 to $1287.26 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 2.68% or 1.31 to hit $47.51 a barrel, while the September US coffee C contract fell 2.14% or 3.00 to trade at $137.23 .
USD/BRL was up 0.12% to 3.1976, while EUR/BRL fell 0.21% to 3.7674.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.38% at 93.34.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.