Brazil shares higher at close of trade; Bovespa up 1.80%
Investing.com – Brazil equities were higher at the close on Monday, as gains in the Financials , Consumption and Real Estate sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Sao Paulo, the Bovespa rose 1.80%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Bovespa were Usinas Siderurgicas de Minas Gerais (SA: USIM5 ), which rose 8.71% or 0.61 points to trade at 7.61 at the close. Viavarejo Unt (SA: VVAR11 ) added 7.93% or 1.19 points to end at 16.19 and Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA Pref (SA: GOLL4 ) was up 7.29% or 0.68 points to 10.01 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Klabin Unt (SA: KLBN11 ), which lost 1.48% or 0.31 points to trade at 20.59 in late trade. Suzano Papel e Celulose SA (SA: SUZB3 ) declined 1.15% or 0.60 points to end at 51.40 and Natura Cosmeticos SA (SA: NATU3 ) shed 0.53% or 0.15 points to 27.95.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 241 to 180 and 33 ended unchanged on the BM&FBovespa Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Brazil Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Bovespa options, was up 0.39% to 54.64.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.38% or 4.60 to $1205.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.35% or 0.24 to hit $68.53 a barrel, while the December US coffee C contract fell 2.56% or 2.55 to trade at $97.25 .
USD/BRL was down 1.15% to 4.1257, while EUR/BRL fell 0.61% to 4.8208.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.46% at 94.07.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or