At the close in Sao Paulo, the Bovespa gained 1.78%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Bovespa were Estacio Participacoes SA (SA: ESTC3 ), which rose 23.74% or 2.63 points to trade at 13.71 at the close. Kroton Educacional SA (SA: KROT3 ) added 13.56% or 1.520 points to end at 12.730 and Cia Siderurgica Nacional SA (SA: CSNA3 ) was up 6.91% or 0.44 points to 6.81 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tim Participacoes SA (SA: TIMP3 ), which lost 1.14% or 0.08 points to trade at 6.93 in late trade. JBS SA (SA: JBSS3 ) declined 0.87% or 0.09 points to end at 10.23 and WEG SA (SA: WEGE3 ) shed 0.81% or 0.12 points to 14.77.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 171 to 109 and 17 ended unchanged on the Sao Paulo Stock Exchange.
The CBOE Brazil Etf Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Bovespa options, was down 2.56% to 37.61 a new 6-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold for August delivery was down 0.14% or 1.70 to $1213.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.06% or 0.03 to hit $49.04 a barrel, while the July US coffee C contract rose 0.66% or 0.80 to trade at $122.80 .
USD/BRL was down 0.37% to 3.5894, while EUR/BRL fell 0.75% to 4.0034.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.14% at 95.55.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.